• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803 locking up, help?

Chainbreaker

A non-rotating core sounds like water intrusion flooded engines that were missing the exhaust flap. Rusted cylinders and stuck rings come to mind. Though many have been resurrected with a cylinder hone & rings. Of course there could be more catastrophic failures but you gotta roll the dice to find out.

Regardless, if you can hand pick you just might get lucky & get off lite as far as repairs to bring it back to life.

INFChief

I really think the motor that I’m replacing has all the parts I need aside from a good block, head and 1 piston. So I can use it as long as the core motor is stock bore. The guy has about 8 motors at that price, and I can hand pick which I want. As is I have $800 in the purchase of my generator and $300 in batteries.
Have you checked to see what your options will cost in comparison? For example;

Resleeve / new cylinder liner (and bore & hone & run bigger pistons if the undamaged other bore is too worn).

If the crank needs turned down or replaced?

Full gasket set, new rod & crank bearings, oil pump, etc.

I have no idea what a new or reconditioned engine costs but comparing that to repairing your block versus buying 3 or 5 per unknown blocks hoping one has a good block.

Again, I’m not familiar with those particular engines but getting a SBC or BBC resleeved and bored honed to size is not too expensive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks