• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 803 with problems shutting down

Triton

Well I looked at the relay when starting the unit, the crank disconnect and flash relay activate. When I disconnect the fuel solenoid to shut the unit off the crank disconnect open when the motor comes to a full stop. That was the only relay I could see operating. I also checked the 137n wire disconnected with the unit running, it has 24volts on the wire so something is back feeding it. I'll trying to read the schematic to see where 137n goes.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you please read the voltage at pin "N" in the diagnostic port with the engine running and S1 in the "OFF" position?

Can you please read the voltage at pin "K" in the diagnostic port with the engine running and S1 in the "OFF" position?

Measure from pins to ground.

Triton

Pin N reads 0 volts engine running and S1 in the "OFF" position
Pin K reads 24volts engine running and S1 in the "OFF" position
Used pin B as ground

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. Great. We have eliminated the starter solenoid as the problem.

If you have 24v at K with the switch off we need to track that down. Both should be 0.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please read the voltage at pin "R" in the diagnostic port with the engine running and S1 in the "OFF" position?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have some alligator clip wire jumpers I would recommend that you shut the engine down and remove the wires from terminal 3 on S1. Put the wires together on one end of the clip and clip the other end to terminal 3 on S1. Tape up that end so it stays together and doesn't short against anything.

Start the unit then move S1 to off. Remove the clip from terminal 3 of S1. Does the engine stop?

Triton

Ok I just tried that and it did not shut down, it's kind of strange that without the wire connected to the starter solenoid the fuel solenoid shuts off fine.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another question, all the gauges continue to read correct values when S1 is off and the engine is running?

Triton

All gauges are working except the voltage gauge (that works intermittent) the battery gauge works and charges and there are no fault lights

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're welcome. We will get this figured out.

I also think we need to revisit the first set of reading now that you have the correct pin-out of the diagnostic port. I still think the problem is with the starter solenoid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks