• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A 24v reference while the engine is on

mesias

Hey there,

I have a battery charger in the unit hooked up to an outlet installed inside the genset with a single pole double throw relay. The relay is wired so the charger is connected to the normally closed leg. I now need 24v to open the circuit when the engine is on but I'm having a hard time finding 24v reference. Can I get some assistance? I was looking at S14, K12, K15, K16, K19 and K20 but I'm not sure where to measure first... I don't want to touch something while the machine is on and mess something up.

Thanks in advance!

212sparky

Are you able to tap off of the shut down solenoid wiring to power your relay? That way when it is energized to run the engine the relay is tripped?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

nextalcupfan

I'd pull reference off the hour meter. I checked and it only runs when the engine does, and when there is a fault it cuts power.

Specifically M3(Time Meter), Wire 150A or Terminal Board 5 #19

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks