• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803A & 802A trailer mounting rails

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[h=2]5975-01-454-2767 Features[/h]
MRCParameterCharacteristics
ABHPOverall Length66.500 inches nominal
ABMKOverall Width6.000 inches nominal
AGAVEnd Item Identification10KW generators nsns 6115-01-275-5061-60H, 6115012747392-400H
FEATSpecial FeaturesRefer to dwg for dia, sz, lg, Qty of mounting holes, and dim
MATTMaterialSteel
So here are your basic overall dimensions. All you really need to source is rectangle tube stock, of whatever material is your preference (then add mounting holes for the rail to the trailer, then for the genset to the rails). If you have a raw metal supplier near you, make some calls. Buying it from an online seller will break the bank.

Zed254

I had a project where I wanted to match the 2-1/2" hat channels on a generator trailer. Could not find hat channels anywhere but I did find some 2-1/2" square x 1/4" thick aluminum tube in .... Salt Lake City......http://metalremnants.com/ . Was not particularly cheap, but they had something that worked for me. If you don't have an existing trailer Lowes, Harbor Freight type stores may have something that will work. If you just want to move it around your garage floor I've seen a SS member's idea of putting casters on boards that fit inside the fork lift channels - search the site for it.

Demoh

Are you going for a smaller footprint than what you have or do you need an actual trailer for them? I actually have one of my trailers that I took a gen off of up in panama city (minus fenders also) and I might have a spare set of rails. when I am working in the shop tonight or tomorrow Ill see what I have left from the trailers I have cannibalized. Might actually have another full one with fenders but dont recall right now.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are still in the market, exactly what you want is on the big auction site right now. Use the search term '[FONT=&quot]generator mounting rails mep-802a mep-803a'[/FONT]

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they do. The aluminum rails are quite strong, far stronger than what the application calls for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks