• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A and water, a rebuild story...Hopefully!!!

Bluevic443

Update:
Been cleaning the pistons, connecting rods, all 8 lifters, and IP roller. All the lifters were full of the black sludge. Disassembled them to their individual pieces, cleaned with inspection. Only one was stiff. Coated them with 15w-40 and reassembled. Placed in a ziplock bag with the IP roller and covered with oil.
D8E5FD25-DEBA-485E-B983-B54391C1C132.jpeg
The pistons cleaned up real nice also. There was slight scarring on the #3 piston with the crack in the cylinder. The other 3 still have the factory machine marks.
AE5638B9-D6B0-445E-AD20-C2820411D3CC.jpeg
844100C6-C9ED-4263-9FDB-56C5A61FC954.jpeg
there was no spun connecting rod bearings, not even scarred.
94920843-1B62-499E-9D39-BC42B7F05B8D.jpegBeen trying to contact small diesel shops and they have not returned any of my calls and emails. :mad:
I have been watching YouTube videos on sleeving cast iron blocks. I have a Bridgeport mill and a boring head, hell I will do it myself!!!! What’s the worst that could happen... I scrap the block!!!! Still need to have the head cleaned and evaluated for rebuild. Need to check the generator head still too, so it could still end up as a parts machine. Nothing wasted but my time!!!

Chainbreaker

I like your attitude...you got the equipment and you seem to have the time so go for it! If it doesn't work out your not out much other than the cost of the sleeve and your time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks