• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a "click" no start

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not designed for any additional backpressure which would come from such an addition... I would not do it. These are very quiet sets... not hospital grade quiet, but damn quiet to me. Do you find yours is loud??

mchlsprgn

They are not designed for any additional backpressure which would come from such an addition... I would not do it. These are very quiet sets... not hospital grade quiet, but damn quiet to me. Do you find yours is loud??
No, just curious . my gen is under a roof need to run it up should I use larger dia pipe?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, just curious . my gen is under a roof need to run it up should I use larger dia pipe?
Thats your call... set was designed for the pipe size as is. Larger shouldnt be a penalty (typically isnt on diesel systems as they do not want backpressure). I would just make sure you do not have needless angles or bends in the exit pipe.

Also if you run additional piping, you will want a flexible section of pipe somewhere in line to basically dissipate any excess NVH (noise, vibration, harshness).

mchlsprgn

Thats your call... set was designed for the pipe size as is. Larger shouldnt be a penalty (typically isnt on diesel systems as they do not want backpressure). I would just make sure you do not have needless angles or bends in the exit pipe.

Also if you run additional piping, you will want a flexible section of pipe somewhere in line to basically dissipate any excess NVH (noise, vibration, harshness).
ust me
The roof is 8-10 feet above gen no walls no problems . I could a run a 6 inch flexable line. I'm just looking for something to do BORED IN JAMUL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks