• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A For Post-Hurricane Temp Power?

Crapgame

Between Harvey last week and Irma inbound this week, it has me thinking about buying a MEP-803A for use during post hurricane recovery ops until the power grid comes back on in Ft Walton Beach.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think anyone who lives where hurricanes can land should seriously consider substantial backup power like an 803A.

csheath

Same here. After all the flooding in Texas you might want to have it as high as possible if your area is prone to that. I put mine on the ground but I have property up hill from a swampy area.

Bmxenbrett

You live in FL and dont have a decent generator? Kinda late to find a well priced unit. Best to look post hurricane season.
Dont forget a few fuel cans to go along with the generator

millerm13

I purchased mine this August 2017 from GP. Winters here in Michigan can leave us without power for an hour or days. Left mine on the trailer and parked it next to the house. Desert Sand actually matches my siding. So far, looks like it will run anything I want in the house. Good supply of diesel with an AG tank on the farm.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one too, the dual setup. Looks like we may be going to try it out here in the next few days...

Guyfang

Staff member
Between Harvey last week and Irma inbound this week, it has me thinking about buying a MEP-803A for use during post hurricane recovery ops until the power grid comes back on in Ft Walton Beach.

Well, better late then never. But you may not have enough money to buy one right now, other then if you live in Salt Lake City.