• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Help

brazengoat06

So I'm trying to check my voltage at the output terminals. Either I'm not operating this correctly or I have no output. I went through the operators TM and looks like if got everything setup. Example: 120/208v position on reconnection switch, L3-N on am-vm switch, and volt meter on L3 and North.

Help lol

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did it output power OK previously or is this the first attempt to use it?
Any Fault Lights?
Do you have power to the convenience outlet?
Does it correctly show voltage on the AC voltmeter?
Is the Contactor Closed and the Contactor Light illuminated?

With the reconnect switch in the 120/208 position you've selected 208 3 phase output from the lugs.

As I recall the AM-VM switch only controls what's shown on the AC ammeter and the AC voltmeter has nothing to do with getting power to the lugs. Only the contactor being closed and the reconnection switch inside being set is all that's required to get power to the lugs.
Power is always at the convenience outlet as long as the genset is running (assuming the fuse to it isn't blown and the genhead is good).

Last edited:

brazengoat06

Any Fault Lights?

With the reconnect switch in the 120/208 position you've selected 208 3 phase output from the lugs.

As I recall the AM-VM switch only controls what's shown on the AC ammeter and the AC voltmeter has nothing to do with getting power to the lugs. Only the contactor being closed and the reconnection switch inside being set is all that's required to get power to the lugs.
Power is always at the convenience outlet as long as the genset is running (assuming the fuse to it isn't blown and the genhead is good).
This is my first attempt to use the unit. The convenience outlet works properly. No fault lights and yes the ac volt meter works. I don't think I'm familiar with the contactor and don't believe there is any light on related to that. Thanks

brazengoat06

Any Fault Lights?

This is my first attempt to use the unit. The convenience outlet works properly. No fault lights and yes the ac volt meter works. I don't think I'm familiar with the contactor and don't believe there is any light on related to that. Thanks

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah... Once the engine is started you need to toggle the AC Circuit Interrupter switch to the CLOSED (up) position and then release it.
This should cause the light directly above the switch to come on. This indicates the AC contactor has closed and power should now be available at the lugs.

Location of the AC Circuit Interrupter switch and the light are shown below. Double click to enlarge image.

Interrupter.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks