• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803A Home Backup Wiring/Cleaning

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 200 amp double throw but I would be coming out of a meter combo instead of a straight meter pan. I had an electrician come and look but I believe it is illegal to modify the meter combo to put in a TS (transfer switch).
View attachment 860851
I am in rural central Louisiana so we are out of power a few times a year.

View attachment 860852
Even if it was legal to modify this meter combo, I don’t think there is physically enough room to interrupt the feed between the meter and the 200 main disconnect in the above pic. My 200 amp panel inside is fed by the two big black wires at the bottom.

I guess if I won the lottery I could have it required, meter, double throw, then small panel for these few breakers that had to go outside (inside panel was full).
Howdy,
Look to the manufacturer of your meter combo. See if they have a interlock kit for it. I have a Millbank meter combo and a interlock kit installed. I also have a Generlink installed. I also have a Transconnect TC-200M26W installed.

You can look over this thread too.
Generator connection choices | SteelSoldiers

2011 Ag well complete (15).jpgService panel genset connection (9).jpgService panel genset connection (5).jpg

csheath

All hookups will be different but I just used a 50 amp RV box on my generator. Make sure if you connect to a main fuse panel that has the neutral and ground bonded that you remove the bonding strap in the generator.

If you have spaces available in your main that align or can be rearranged to use a interlock That is the easiest way in my opinion.

I would mount a 50 amp RV outlet on the generator.

Put a 50 amp generator inlet box on the house.

Wire the inlet box to the main fuse panel with an interlock preventing any backfeed. These will be panel specific so you will have to find the one made for your panel.

Connect the generator to the inlet box with the appropriate connectors.

Louis9113

I
Howdy,
Look to the manufacturer of your meter combo. See if they have a interlock kit for it. I have a Millbank meter combo and a interlock kit installed. I also have a Generlink installed. I also have a Transconnect TC-200M26W installed.

You can look over this thread too.
Generator connection choices | SteelSoldiers

View attachment 861010View attachment 861011View attachment 861012
I have an Eaton CH meter combo, I am certain eaton makes an interlock but I will probably source that item from the local electrical supply house to ensure I get the correct one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks