• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A LOAD CAPACITY

mattg6389

the 803a has a listed rating of 10kw. Someone told me the listed rating is well under its actual safe output. Does anyone know what this is? One gentleman told me it is actually around 12KW output.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the 803a has a listed rating of 10kw. Someone told me the listed rating is well under its actual safe output. Does anyone know what this is? One gentleman told me it is actually around 12KW output.
The engine in this platform is strong enough to support 15+KW... its the electronics which limit it. The gauges on the machine are calibrated at a power factor of .8. If you assume a PF of 1.0, the amperage data on the rear of the machine works out to 12.5KW @ 100%.

You looking at an 803, or do you already have one?

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to post snipe but since it is here, what is the max "safe" load on the 1030 and 1040? is it similar to the 802 and 803 about 6.5kw and 12.5kw?
also what is the "safe" load on the 831 4kw maybe?

Icesythe7

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't worry, it will tell you if you've exceeded max load... by opening the contactor, very instantaneously.

I believe it's around 3500-3600w.
Right I had it drop out on me once while running the house but didn't get to see the load...I have an 803a and this 831a and other than a/c seems the 831a can run entire house with no issues (gas water heater and furnace) so I'm curious mainly on the max load of the 1030 as I think that might be more of what I need, the 831 is just a hair small and the 803a I cant seem to get much over 50% with everything running.

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right I had it drop out on me once while running the house but didn't get to see the load...
I just got a working load gauge on mine last month & the power hasn't really gone out since, so I'm no help. I'm not sure I could overload mine with enough granularity anyway... it's fine with almost any of my 120v loads (except the time my kid tried to make toast while using the microwave) it just chokes on almost all my 240v loads.

mattg6389

The engine in this platform is strong enough to support 15+KW... its the electronics which limit it. The gauges on the machine are calibrated at a power factor of .8. If you assume a PF of 1.0, the amperage data on the rear of the machine works out to 12.5KW @ 100%.

You looking at an 803, or do you already have one?
Thank you - really appreciate it!👌

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks