• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Need p/n for coolant high temperature switch

tom250e

Hi folks!
I'm new to the forums and have found some great information here. I have also downloaded the TMs for the 803 and after searching through them am still unable to find a part number for this switch. I have read some posts that refer to an NSN cross reference list but am unable to locate it in the TMs I have (TM9-6115-641-24, TM 9-6115-642-10).

Being a noobie and all I have probably overlooked the info I need; so if one of you gents would kindly point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi folks!
I'm new to the forums and have found some great information here. I have also downloaded the TMs for the 803 and after searching through them am still unable to find a part number for this switch. I have read some posts that refer to an NSN cross reference list but am unable to locate it in the TMs I have (TM9-6115-641-24, TM 9-6115-642-10).

Being a noobie and all I have probably overlooked the info I need; so if one of you gents would kindly point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!
Welcome to the outfit Tom!

There are several guys on here that are really sharp on "making power".
Chances are the "military name" for it is different than how you are searching in the TM's
I did a quick search myself and came up empty...

I imagine the guys will come along after dinner and get you started down the right path.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you "Light In The Dark" and "kloppk"!!!

Really, really good to know stuff!
For sure - and the right name to search with is the real magic.

Trucks are more my thing.

I kept searching for a rubber "bushing" and I never could find it. Going through the TM page by page, I finally found "cab support" to be the proper term for the part I was hunting for... It gets better the more you talk to others and the more you rummage those BORING books. They darn sure aren't very entertaining!

Guyfang

Staff member
Take a look at TM9-6115-642-24P. As you page through it, you should notice, it deals with the Generator set. By and large not the engine. There is a separate TM for the engine, If you look in TM9-2815-253-24P, thats the engine book. You will look to no avail in the 253-24P for the Temp Switch. So that tells you this engine can be used in other applications. And that means you always look to the back part of the Gen Set book, 642-24P. In the table of contents, you will find a heading listed:

Group 09 Engine Accessories ......................................................................................................
Frequency Adjust Cable ......................................................................................... 19-1 19
Engine Accessories ............................................................................................... 20-1 20

In the ENGINE ACCESSORIES, is listed all the special gizmo's that are specific to this generator application.

tom250e

Take a look at TM9-6115-642-24P. As you page through it, you should notice, it deals with the Generator set. By and large not the engine. There is a separate TM for the engine, If you look in TM9-2815-253-24P, thats the engine book. You will look to no avail in the 253-24P for the Temp Switch. So that tells you this engine can be used in other applications. And that means you always look to the back part of the Gen Set book, 642-24P. In the table of contents, you will find a heading listed:

Group 09 Engine Accessories ......................................................................................................
Frequency Adjust Cable ......................................................................................... 19-1 19
Engine Accessories ............................................................................................... 20-1 20

In the ENGINE ACCESSORIES, is listed all the special gizmo's that are specific to this generator application.
That REALLY helped clarify things for me! Thank you for sharing your knowedge and experience!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks