• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a new purchase without filters/fluids and batteries

chilbun28

I just bought a 02' Mep-803a and I'm in the process of getting it ready to start. I'm missing the wing nut which secures the air filter inside the housing. Does anyone by chance know the replacement part number or what thread size the stud is?

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter

robertsears1

If you have never run one of these, make sure to follow the starting instructions EXACTLY (should be under the flip up cover over the controls). You have to hold the switch in start longer than you are probably used to and it won’t hurt anything. Look up threads about putting a unit in service. Take pictures all around to include inside the engine area and drop the control panel down and take pictures behind there, folks should be able to spot things that may need looking at before you try it. NEVER IDLE one of these sets. Someone should be able to give you a ballpark on how far the throttle should be preset out. If you are familiar, ignore everything I wrote.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Safety first. "Ground the generator"

Coolant all full?

NOTE: Spin-on fuel filter is sometimes a bear to get off. It actually does come off. The cup canister fuel filter has a little tiny rubber gasket around the top of the cup. You can use a dab of grease to hold it inplace, and make sure it goes up into the little recess all the way around. OK, oil filter on, oil filled.

The fuel system is a return to tank circle. All new fuel filters in place, Dead crank switch to "Normal", turn the S-1 (start switch) and wait. You will hear a hollow type sound, and after a few minutes, the sound will change to a fuller sound. That means the fuel filters are all full of fuel, and any excess is returned to the tank.
But wait..
In the engine compartment, you can hit the "Dead Crank Switch" for a few seconds to get the oil moved around, and then put it back to normal.
Have a AMM meter ready, have maybe something to plug in to the convenience outlet. (10amp max) circuit breaker for it, and inside the control cube, behind the outlet.
Fresh diesel in system. Maybe some additives too.
Be prepared to shut it off.
Is the "Fuse mod in place"?
Yes, continue
When starting, always pause a moment at "Prime & Run" turn to start and hold it there. Keep holding until oil pressure rises. Release.
Check all gauges, check and adjust speed, adjust AMM meter selection to 1 phase, have it running around 61Hz, and 240volts. Use your meter and check the convenience outlet.
Close the circuit interrupter, should have a green light.
Use your meter to check lugs.
Look over the fuel return lines. They start weeping fuel. All that is in that thread too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks