• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A No Start

Kempho

Still new, only half a clue. I bought 2 MEP-803s mounted to a trailer and neither one ran in the inspection report. Both are very low hour units, when they inspectd them the 17 hour unit wouldn't crank (it was out of fuel and fired right up), the 25 hour unit cranked but didn't start. The 25 hour unit tries to start, occasionally fires on one cylinder, sounds like it has good compression by the load on the starter, and has fuel in the return lines of the injectors. The fuel cut of solenoid (not sure if that is the exact term on these) is pretty warm after 10 or so seconds of cranking but it does pull the lever on the injection pump. What are some common things or next steps that I should be checking? I also need a couple of small parts, cap for the coolant overflow jug, alternator charging fuse cap picture attached if anyone can tell me where I can get those please?Fuse cap and Fuse.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks