• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Pegs fuel gage all the way down past empty.

jqc99

I like the idea of using a spacer ring at the bottom to prevent it from touching the sides. I want to use the longer one so I'll have to make something similar so it doesn't hang up. Or I need to find one without the external float like the one the AMMPS uses as shown in post 5. Thank you for the help!

Ray70

Yes, tanks are different. Read posts 20 and 21.
You need an 8" for a 803 but you may need to put a little "spacer" on the bottom to prevent the float from touching the step in the tank.

csheath

I removed the strainer basket because it was corroding. I open the fuel cap and look inside. Problem solved. ;)

snider

Yes, tanks are different. Read posts 20 and 21.
You need an 8" for a 803 but you may need to put a little "spacer" on the bottom to prevent the float from touching the step in the tank.
for the 803 instead of getting the 8" and making a spacer couldn't you get get a 7.5"? the link to the sending units list all different lengths. im having the same issue with my 803..

dav5

for the 803 instead of getting the 8" and making a spacer couldn't you get get a 7.5"? the link to the sending units list all different lengths. im having the same issue with my 803..
The spacer isn't to reduce the depth it is to prevent binding on the tank "step"sender.JPGyou can see the step on the right hand side of the photo

Last edited:

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used 3 or 4 of the 8.5" senders on the 803's. The float is very close to rubbing on the side of the step down portion of the tank, so I made a plastic ring slightly larger than the float diameter to press onto the very bottom of the rod to prevent the float from touching the side of the tank.
If you use the 5.5" you won't have any interference issues, but your gage reading will be off by probably 1/4 tank.
The SAE bolt pattern is such that you put the wires pointing to the right ( oil filter side of machine ) when looking at the tank to make the hole pattern line up.
Do you have a picture of this plastic ring or a item number of something that you use as the spacer

Ray70

Unfortunately it was home made. I cut a ring out of 1/8" rigid plastic just slightly larger diameter than the float.
Then drilled the a hole in the center tight enough to press the disc onto the end of the sender, then a little JB weld quick epoxy to secure it to the sender.
Initially I was going to use a rubber disc, but was worried the diesel would deteriorate the rubber over time, so I went with plastic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks