• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 803a stopped on its own, wont turn over via main switch, has battery power

Guyfang

Staff member
Don't lose any sleep over it.

My shop once troubleshot a non runner, (MEP-006A) for 14 days. Two great, sharp guys who were my ace mechanics. They came to me, and my NCOIC and I worked it for 3-4 days. I then got my truck, and drove to the owning unit, 300+ klicks. Found the two young generator mechanics, and asked them what the story was. It wouldn't start. So naturally, it just had to be the IP. Without timing it, they pulled the IP. Having also done this, at an early age, it did not upset me. BUT, then they went to an army junk yard, found a scoop loader with "the same engine" and pulled the IP without timing it. Then stuck it into the non runner. WHY? because it "looked" the same. With no adult supervision, what can you expect. Everyone expects that when they read "reset", that they are getting something great. Got to tell you. I have seen some reset mechanics I would not let reset a skateboard, let alone a gen set. Never assume anything.

Another case I saw several times. Ordered a part. Got something in, and it was indeed very much looking "kinda" like the part I wanted. But it would not fit. Why? Some clerk put a wrong part in the bin, because it looked "kinda" like the other parts in the bin. I think your reading more into it then you need to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks