• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a work bench

m32825

I really like my generator but it takes up a big hunk of floor space. I can move it around with my pallet jack but it always seems to be in the wrong place. I decided to do something about the situation to get the generator out of the way and make better use of the floor space: I built a work bench to park it under. The frame is 2x2x1/4 angle. Height is 42", size is about 4' by 7'.

I wanted a full sheet top to prevent dust, small parts, and liquids from raining down on the generator underneath so I decked the top with 2x6, put down a 1/8" sheet of steel to tie them all together, then put a sheet of matte white Formica on top for a nice, high contrast work surface.

I added a beefy mount for an old Craftsman vise I got from my grandfather to make it special.

-- Carl

rps20200605_211642.jpg
rps20200605_211600.jpg

Chainbreaker

Very clever utilization of already committed storage space. I like the extendable/removable arm you incorporated for the Vice. Very nice job with the bench! :goodjob: