MEP-804A/B for sale

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
SS readers: Lower pricing ..11-13-20 I have for sale 3 each trailer mounted MEP-804A/B models 1 each A model and 2 each of the B models all are trailer mounted and have roadworthy tires, each set is complete and each set runs and makes power and has been load banked at full and plus 33% with no issues, the sets and trailers are clean all the meters and gages are present and working, all doors and lids are in place except the swing stops, that have been removed and thrown away. the 2 B models sets presently have the Inova Tech Auto Start moduals installed and working. NOTE: no set has starting batteries, I can buy these but the warranty does not transfer, I buy the Duracell 24F models from Sam's Club where they offer a 36 month full warranty no questions asked, but as i said the warranty is non transferable, the sets do come with a full fuel tank of fuel.
Each set is $3,000 NOT INCLUDING the Auto Start moduals, please add $250.00 if you want this feature, if not I will remove it and wont be a problem. I hold no value for the trailer/s if you want it, it comes with the purchase, if you don't want the trailer I can remove the set from the trailer, but the price will not change. These sets have low original time on them ranging from 6 plus hours to 126
The pricing is based on the simple fact, I want to sell these sets, I am needing and wanting the space for other projects. I am located here in Central Texas 20 or so miles s/w of Austin.
Please respond to my direct email address I have enclosed here: libbysales@austin.rr.com phone calls and texting is welcome at 512~878-7985
Very best: mac/mc

Last edited:

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
Dang man, where was this deal 3 months ago? lol. This makes me want an 804
Well I full well knew i wanted to sell them, BUT i was just sitting on my dead ass and it was still hot and i didnt want to get out and get emm ready and such .. so im sorry i missed your interest timeing.. but the price is going down .. ever few days i will drop the pricing points.. i do want emm sold .. best: mac/mc

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
You know for the 807 and 809 100/200kw sets, for me, it is soo much easier to just pull the Field Housing and have or rewind myself the 6 field coils, local shop will burn emm out and rewind dip and bake for 250-300 total that original 5ohm or what ever the field resistance is redicilous, that voltage regulator piece alone weighs in at over 100 pounds, i have done 3 rewinds and end up at 25-26 ohms depending on ambiant temp and it allows using the really simple and cheep Basler regulators and while im in that sorta deep i will always replace the end bearing its just too easy to not get it replaced. Seriously doing away with the MEP original resistance of whatever it is i think 5 was wrong maybe it 10-12 ohms i forget Marathon or MEP sure had their head up and locked, course this was a first generation after BRUSH sets so the technology was lagging .. but my point so much usless wiring gets removed when you rewind and move toward a modern field resistance value.. anyhow my 2 cents worth

Mustangsud

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know for the 807 and 809 100/200kw sets, for me, it is soo much easier to just pull the Field Housing and have or rewind myself the 6 field coils, local shop will burn emm out and rewind dip and bake for 250-300 total that original 5ohm or what ever the field resistance is redicilous, that voltage regulator piece alone weighs in at over 100 pounds, i have done 3 rewinds and end up at 25-26 ohms depending on ambiant temp and it allows using the really simple and cheep Basler regulators and while im in that sorta deep i will always replace the end bearing its just too easy to not get it replaced. Seriously doing away with the MEP original resistance of whatever it is i think 5 was wrong maybe it 10-12 ohms i forget Marathon or MEP sure had their head up and locked, course this was a first generation after BRUSH sets so the technology was lagging .. but my point so much usless wiring gets removed when you rewind and move toward a modern field resistance value.. anyhow my 2 cents worth
Well, you're way over my head on these technicals. Are you saying you do away with the original electronic VR's that came with the Cat set to begin with?
Do you do this work? I have three M807A's that I was about to just take to Cat and see if they can get them working properly. It's very obvious the military made a big leap in electronics from the 007 & 009 series, but the electronics are a PIA. I can bring them to Wimberley. The military must have had unit guru's who knew how to deal with the constant fault codes these things throw.

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
Well, you're way over my head on these technicals. Are you saying you do away with the original electronic VR's that came with the Cat set to begin with?
Do you do this work? I have three M807A's that I was about to just take to Cat and see if they can get them working properly. It's very obvious the military made a big leap in electronics from the 007 & 009 series, but the electronics are a PIA. I can bring them to Wimberley. The military must have had unit guru's who knew how to deal with the constant fault codes these things throw.
Endless absolutly endless you hit it dead as on the head on fault codes.. yes as they come the FIELD resistance is 1.25 or so Ohms its bizarre the resistance and to find a new style VR that does not cost you the same or more than 2 of your kids do.. I have done 4 of the 807B and 1 of the 809B units and the Cat for the 100 and the Cummins 855 engine for the 200kw are terrific, and both engines still very popular and parts readily available, but the generators field resistance is one giant Royal PIA and i have tried just about every combination of voltage regulators and most wont go below a 10 ohm field resistance and even more all the modern VR's like 20-30 ohms as the sweet spot. so after adding resistance and all the various schemes i have tried .. it is just way easier to pull off the end bell or field piece as we might call it and rewind it to match about 25 ohms and then wham one of the simplest Basler or China knock-off's will work so well and problem solved and literally you can at the end of it all do away with last time we gathered it all up was right at 300 pounds of crap wiring and useless black TRC way outdated control box's.. in the 100kw you even have that nutso dual fuel screen mesh and the oil is a dual cartridge type filter that i change to a dual spin on filter and with spin on fuel filters and new control logic your down to about 25 or so total wires and none of that false fault crap .. it is a lot to do, my best effort is over at a Fire station up in Bexar County far North San Antonio.. It a pretty big effort but in the end you got a horse for a gen set, the 100 Cat is rated at 235 Hp for a 100kw that is a bunch of good overload ability and the generator proper is 2 sizes larger than a typical 100kw and the gen heads are old school 12 lead so i guess if you had a big single phase load, well here you go you're all set for that as well..
for the 100kw I always change the Governor actuator .. on the 200 kw Cummins, its already is set up and using full electronic Gov system, sometimes you might have to change the controller, but even then its one of the ones very reasonably priced already..
best: mac/mc

Last edited:

Mustangsud

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Endless absolutly endless you hit it dead as on the head on fault codes.. yes as they come the FIELD resistance is 1.25 or so Ohms its bizarre the resistance and to find a new style VR that does not cost you the same or more than 2 of your kids do.. I have done 4 of the 807B and 1 of the 809B units and the Cat for the 100 and the Cummins 855 engine for the 200kw are terrific, and both engines still very popular and parts readily available, but the generators field resistance is one giant Royal PIA and i have tried just about every combination of voltage regulators and most wont go below a 10 ohm field resistance and even more all the modern VR's like 20-30 ohms as the sweet spot. so after adding resistance and all the various schemes i have tried .. it is just way easier to pull off the end bell or field piece as we might call it and rewind it to match about 25 ohms and then wham one of the simplest Basler or China knock-off's will work so well and problem solved and literally you can at the end of it all do away with last time we gathered it all up was right at 300 pounds of crap wiring and useless black TRC way outdated control box's.. in the 100kw you even have that nutso dual fuel screen mesh and the oil is a dual cartridge type filter that i change to a dual spin on filter and with spin on fuel filters and new control logic your down to about 25 or so total wires and none of that false fault crap .. it is a lot to do, my best effort is over at a Fire station up in Bexar County far North San Antonio.. It a pretty big effort but in the end you got a horse for a gen set, the 100 Cat is rated at 235 Hp for a 100kw that is a bunch of good overload ability and the generator proper is 2 sizes larger than a typical 100kw and the gen heads are old school 12 lead so i guess if you had a big single phase load, well here you go you're all set for that as well..
for the 100kw I always change the Governor actuator .. on the 200 kw Cummins, its already is set up and using full electronic Gov system, sometimes you might have to change the controller, but even then its one of the ones very reasonably priced already..
Ok, so when do you want me to bring them down? 😁

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
I omitted an answer to your question/s about getting repaired, this is something we should talk about, you had also asked about taking to Cat who do you have HOLT or is it Wagnor i think.. not sure, but wont matter they will not know or make the effort to repair the VR .. I presume this or these sets run its just nagging control and crappy issues. lets talk and visit. my number is 512~878-7985 don't call before 0900 and i have several phone conference's going as well a zoom but if i cant talk i will call you back and we can try and sort thru it..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks