• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 804a not stay running

ItWasntMe00

When I move the s1 switch to start it only operates when held there I also moved the battle short switch up to see if it would continue running that a no... Any idea on what I could do

robertsears1

Is this set new to you? Do you have experience with miitary generators? Did you read the TM (technical Manual)? Have you ever seen it running correctly? Does the oil pressure come up? You need to hold the switch in start for a few seconds after it is running until the interlocks are satisfied. I have a MEP 003a that has a slow oil pressure shutoff and I must hold it in start at least 15” after start—not normal but it works for that set. Try holding in start until the oil pressure stabilizes and the wait another 10” and see what happens—again, not necessarily normal but it may work. By the way, what are you doing with a 804? You understand it only produces 3 phase? I have two but I need it to run 3 phase equipment. You can finagle and get some single phase out of it but not what it was designed for.

Robert

ItWasntMe00

Is this set new to you? Do you have experience with miitary generators? Did you read the TM (technical Manual)? Have you ever seen it running correctly? Does the oil pressure come up? You need to hold the switch in start for a few seconds after it is running until the interlocks are satisfied. I have a MEP 003a that has a slow oil pressure shutoff and I must hold it in start at least 15” after start—not normal but it works for that set. Try holding in start until the oil pressure stabilizes and the wait another 10” and see what happens—again, not necessarily normal but it may work. By the way, what are you doing with a 804? You understand it only produces 3 phase? I have two but I need it to run 3 phase equipment. You can finagle and get some single phase out of it but not what it was designed for.

Robert
i read the tm and did some other digging maybe its the run safety circuit and yes is ran correctly before. the oil pressure stays high i leave the s1 in start for about 8 sec then wait 10 and try again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks