• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 804A power issue

Cgray

Finally got around to working on my MEP 804A, been reading the TMs and all threads dealing with these.

I may juts not be the smartest guy, but I know some of you are.

Starts and runs fine. If I hold it in start position it does in fact produce electricity. As soon as I release from start it loses that power and runs smooth.

I have watched several YouTube videos and gone through TM. I have the AC circuit interrupter on and no power still.

Anyone willing to help a guy out?

Ray70

Well, start with the basics... as I learned the hard way...
If your machine has the quad fuse mod to the left of the voltage regulator, check the fuse first!
If the fuse is blown it will act exactly as you describe.

Guyfang

Staff member
Now, normally that fuse will only blow when you have a bad VR. So:

1. Was the gen set new to you? You never saw it work right?
2. Or, did it run right, and all the sudden not?
3. If question #2 is what happened, just before you found the problem, did you maybe hold up S1, (Start, Stop & Run switch) up for long time periods?

Cgray

Now, normally that fuse will only blow when you have a bad VR. So:

1. Was the gen set new to you? You never saw it work right?
2. Or, did it run right, and all the sudden not?
3. If question #2 is what happened, just before you found the problem, did you maybe hold up S1, (Start, Stop & Run switch) up for long time periods?
New to me. Just never ran it, even on the video at the GOV auction they were holding the start switch so I believe it had a blown fuse from the start.
I ran it for an hour today with no issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks