• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 804A ( trailer mounted)

smartguy74

I bought a nice 427 hour unit from GL the other day. It's a tier IIreset in 2012.
Brought it home refilled fluids, charged batteries and during battery installation I hit the + cable on the side of the generator steel box and got a pretty good arc. The engine cranks from the crank switch on the side but I now have no lights or function on the front panel. What did I fry? Is their a fuse to replace?

Thanks

MEP 007
MEP 005
MEP 004
RTFL 6K

smartguy74

SS,

Someone else on this site said it earlier " you can't idiot proof everything!" Anyways, I spent the time checking every switch, etc. and pulled out the " emergency stop" button. Well, the stop button works well, in means it won't start and out means it runs like a champ. This Tier II reset is the bomb. What a deal on this one. It wwant cheap, but the batteries were even working. This unit came complete with everything but a TM and a 10 manual. After adding in coolant, oil and fuel, it fired on the second turn. It's quiet...