• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804A Transporting

kwartk

Fellow Steelers; bought an MEP-804A on an M200A1 trailer, and looking to tow from OH to PA.. Is it safe to tow ? I dont know whether the trailer brakes work or not.. Any advice much appreciated.

*****update Mon 8 Nov***

I no longer need the trailer , rather more the Genset. is it easy to remove the bolts holding the Genset onto the Trailer?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Fellow Steelers; bought an MEP-804A on an M200A1 trailer, and looking to tow from OH to PA.. Is it safe to tow ? I dont know whether the trailer brakes work or not.. Any advice much appreciated.
Depending on what it looks like, tires, what you are pulling it with, etc

kwartk

Hello I was thinkin a Toyota Tundra truck.. I was adviced best to use a 3/4 Ton truck so will likely look to renting a FD 250...I am not really sure of the tire condition, so looks like another dimension I need to factor and decide whether its worth me towing or getting a tow company to transport to PA...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello I was thinkin a Toyota Tundra truck.. I was adviced best to use a 3/4 Ton truck so will likely look to renting a FD 250...I am not really sure of the tire condition, so looks like another dimension I need to factor and decide whether its worth me towing or getting a tow company to transport to PA...
Same tires on that 200 go on a deuce so finding them isn't too hard and they are cheap. if it's a single tire 200 then those are common commercial tires to stop and replace if need be.

kwartk

Update to my original post re transporting an MEP-804A mounted on a Trailer.
****update Mon 8 Nov***

I no longer need the trailer , rather more the Genset. is it easy to remove the bolts holding the Genset onto the Trailer?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Update to my original post re transporting an MEP-804A mounted on a Trailer.
****update Mon 8 Nov***

Just a few 5/8" bolts

Last edited:

kwartk

Hey @kwartk good morning. If you don't end up towing it I can get it hauled from OH to PA for you. In the meantime if you want a transport quote to have as a back up plan I can do that. I would just need pick up zip and delivery zip. Feel free to reach out directly @ 484-431-9509 or nick@unitedstatesoffreight.com. Have great day!
Hello, looking to have it towed so will send destination info to the tel number you provided...Is that a cell phone, so i can send text/pics?