• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804A turns over but won't start (governor module?)

Guyfang

Staff member
But if you put the original A6 back in, the engine turns over, but will not run or start? You are losing a function, with a "good, tested" A6. You have assured that the S10 is in the right position?

crmorse

On my machine the GCU is A5. A6 is the fuel solenoid. I'm assuming you are referring to the GCU. It was a used unit listed on the auction side as "Good. Working condition" but after further messaging with the seller it was clarified that it was not actually tested so it is also now an unknown. I think it's a safe assumption that it is bad, probably the starter output relays. I will have to pull the unit out again and test them. Although thinking about that now, I'm not sure what that would accomplish because if they are bad and I change them I'd have no idea if that was the only thing wrong and the seller would very reasonably not take the return anymore. So I guess I'm back at looking for another replacement GCU.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks