• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 804B 805B Unbalanced Load

nextalcupfan

First, I want to thank everyone for being so helpful!

Is anyone running two central AC units on one 803A, if so what are their size/amps drawn, soft start kit needed, etc.? AC only, no heat, I’m in Louisiana. Thanks!
I actually did a test a month ago that's pretty close to what you're asking.
I put a 5000 watt 240 heater on my 803a 20-21 Amps) which is the equivalent to a 3.5 ton AC.
Then I turned on my 3 ton AC (15.2A power draw 77A inrush).
Ohh also it was running the rest of the house of course.

My LED lights did flicker off and on once, but other than that my 803a handled it like a champ.

I will recommend a soft start for both AC's in your case, if both of yours come on at exactly the same time you could have a problem.

m32825

803a here. We have two units, 3 ton and 3.5 ton. We've run the whole house for days. If we want to run another 240v load (dryer, water heater) we turn off a unit. No soft start, but I like the idea and am planning to add them.

-- Carl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks