• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 804b motor running bad and frequency swinging.

Jbear10

I have an Mep 804b. It has been running great then all of a sudden it started running bad. The engine is making a funny noise. The frequency is swinging bad.
I have changed the fuel filters, oil filter and oil.
Did d not help.
I thought well maybe it’s the MPU. I checked it and adjusted it to 3V. Did not make any difference. So I bought a new MPU from green mountain set to 3V still no change. I am attaching a video maybe someone can listen to the way it runs and tell me what I need to do next. Thought maybe it’s the A5 GCU but before I go that far I would like a second opinion.

Thanks for any input or feedback I definitely appreciate it.

Jbear10

Just wanted to give a update. I talked to a man who has a tractor that sounded like that and said it was a fuel problem on his. That got me to chasing down that rabbit hole. So I wound up changing out the Woodward controller this took care of the problem. It is running smooth and holding steady on freq. and voltage. I just pray that it last for awhile.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks