• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804B Questions

Rik

I purchased an MEP-804B generator and I have just a few general questions if someone can answer.

The AM/VM switch, am I incorrect in thinking that this is merely a reading of the ”L” legs and not a switch at all? Meaning it does not turn on/off anything just reads the current across the labeled legs.

Is there a circuit breaker for the generator? I see one for the 110V/10amp outlet but what about the “L” legs of power? Are these unprotected?

I have a small fuel leak, due to the freight company, that involves the fuel drain on the side of the generator. I have not been able to find a drawing of how this is installed nor attached to the generator itself. The shipping company hit it with their forks or rammed it with the pallet jack. Can this be removed? I see when the generator are mounted on a trailer that the drain is in the rear vs side.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AM-VM switch just connects the voltmeter and load meter to the various points. It does not have anything to do with switching power to the lugs.

There isn't any "circuit breaker" for the output at the lugs. The generator has current sensors for each of the output legs. If the sensors detect and overload condition the generator will open it's contactor removing power from the lugs.

The valve simply unscrews from the elbow. A common part number for the valve are Parker-Hannifin NV108P & NV108P-4.
There are a zillion others that fit too.

I suggest you download the Technical Manuals for your set from the TM section of the forum. There is a wealth of information in them.

Rik

Thanks. The valve is not leaking, rather the point where the assembly enters into the side of the generator (tank?)