• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 804B

Jackal63

I am new at this, but I bought a 804b generator and have some questions. I have an under voltage light on and the ac interrupter light and the battle short stay on. Any help is appreciated, just please don't get too technical, or go slowly with me.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am new at this, but I bought a 804b generator and have some questions. I have an under voltage light on and the ac interrupter light and the battle short stay on. Any help is appreciated, just please don't get too technical, or go slowly with me.
Welcome to the Outfit!

There are quite a few really sharp guys here who work on and repair generators. Several of them offer repair parts too. Troubleshooting guides are in the Technical Manuals (TM's) and it might help if you have those free books downloaded to your computer or phone or tablet.

Undervoltage light... Is the machine making power?

Jackal63

Welcome to the Outfit!

There are quite a few really sharp guys here who work on and repair generators. Several of them offer repair parts too. Troubleshooting guides are in the Technical Manuals (TM's) and it might help if you have those free books downloaded to your computer or phone or tablet.

Undervoltage light... Is the machine making power?
I adjusted the hertz to 50 and the volts to 204, so it shows power, but I checked the 120 outlet and have no power.

Guyfang

Staff member
I have an under voltage light on and the ac interrupter light and the battle short stay on. (All the time? Or as soon as you place the S1, (start switch) in the run position?) Or do they come on when you let the S1 go, during start up?

I adjusted the hertz to 50, (will the hertz go higher?) and the volts to 204, (Will volts go higher?) so it shows power, but I checked the 120 outlet and have no power. (Have you reset the GFI, AND the J1, (120 volt outlet?) The reset for the J1 is on the inside of the control panel, on the side of the GFI)

Is the S12, (50/60 hertz switch) in the proper position?

Have you ever seen this gen set run correctly?
Have you down loaded the TM?

Last edited:

Jackal63

I have an under voltage light on and the ac interrupter light and the battle short stay on. (All the time? Or as soon as you place the S1, (start switch) in the run position?) Or do they come on when you let the S1 go, during start up?

I adjusted the hertz to 50, (will the hertz go higher?) and the volts to 204, (Will volts go higher?) so it shows power, but I checked the 120 outlet and have no power. (Have you reset the GFI, AND the J1, (120 volt outlet?) The reset for the J1 is on the inside of the control panel, on the side of the GFI)

Is the S12, (50/60 hertz switch) in the proper position?

Have you ever seen this gen set run correctly?
Have you down loaded the TM?
The hertz will adjust up and down, as well as the voltage. The s12 is in the 50 hertz position. I have tried to reset the GFI. I have down loaded the TM, but have not seen this unit run correctly.

Jackal63

Why are you running in 50 Hertz? I have not lived in the States for a very long time. Has there been a change from 60 Hertz, to 50 Hertz?
They have not changed the electrical requirements, yet. I had ran it on 60 hertz,but wanted to check out the operations on 50hertz. They both show show that they are working, but still show under voltage.

Guyfang

Staff member
Sorry,I have been down for a while, with doctors. I have checked, and there is no power at J-1 or at TB4-15. K5-1 shows 124 volts. And I want to say thank you for your help.
Measure between TB4-15 and K5-1. You should get 120 volts AC. If you do, then you need to reset the circuit breaker CB3. Or replace it. That's why I posted the schematic above.

Jackal63

Measure between TB4-15 and K5-1. You should get 120 volts AC. If you do, then you need to reset the circuit breaker CB3. Or replace it. That's why I posted the schematic above.
Back from holidays, I hope you had a good Christmas. I checked voltage at TB4-15 and K5-1 it shows 128 volts, and CB3 will not reset. I noticed the hertz seems to fluctuates,a little. Maybe the gauge?

Guyfang

Staff member
I would look up the NSN and plug it into Ebay. If no joy there, post a want add in the forum. Someone may have a take out on hand. Is yours with, or without in line fuse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks