• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805a AC Circuit Interrupter Issue

RobGlass

Hello...
My 805a ac circuit interrupter suddenly fails to shut the power off. I can hear the relay clicking when I push on the toggle switch but the power won't stay off. It will stay off if I hold the toggle switch in the open position. Could the relay be bad?
Everything else seems to be working fine.
Thanks for any help!

R Racing

With the power off you may want tO meter across your contacts of your relay. I had 1 in a cnc mill that the contacts welded themselves together.

RobGlass

With the power off you may want tO meter across your contacts of your relay. I had 1 in a cnc mill that the contacts welded themselves together.
It's a new switch. Last year it would not go on so I replaced the switch. That didn't work but then I discovered that some of the smaller relays in the back of the control box had worked loose. After I pushed them in it worked fine. That doesn't appear to be the problem this time and I don't know which of those relays might have affected it then.
It did work once yesterday but after turning the power back on it wouldn't turn off again. At least it's "on".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks