• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-805a

Benxbec

I did the single phase conversion on the 005. The same one I did the avr on however the avr mod I did is significantly different than the one you did. Not to mention the single phase conversion I do is a touch different physically (not electrically). So we would be comparing green apples to red apples.

Have you tried adjusting your avr down lower?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Yes, after the first over voltage shutdown I turned the regulator all the way down but it still did it.

Thanks.

Benxbec

So, I got the voltage regulator to work, at least the convenience plug, when it was wired for 3 phase. When I did the conversion to single phase I probably had the lines switched because of a discrepancy between how the video had the lines configured and what the directions from the voltage regulator had. Maybe this was giving me the over voltage on the unit and shutting itself down. So now I have the regulator hooked to the correct lines and it is now blowing the fuse on the regulator. Before it blows the voltage does come up a little, maybe to 25 volts or so.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

SLTRAM98

Before you go down the road of replacing the AVR, have you pulled the excitation box (I think A30 in the TM) and opened it? The AVR from the original set has 9 or so garbage diodes. I have worked on these exact units (some of the guys on here have helped) and all that it needed was $6-$7 worth of diodes and ran perfect. The AVR board is at the rear of the excitation box, pull the box, open it, the diodes will have white crusty-ness on them if they are cracked even under all the protective coating. I am guessing the diodes is the issue.

Benxbec

Before you go down the road of replacing the AVR, have you pulled the excitation box (I think A30 in the TM) and opened it? The AVR from the original set has 9 or so garbage diodes. I have worked on these exact units (some of the guys on here have helped) and all that it needed was $6-$7 worth of diodes and ran perfect. The AVR board is at the rear of the excitation box, pull the box, open it, the diodes will have white crusty-ness on them if they are cracked even under all the protective coating. I am guessing the diodes is the issue.
You mean like this? How does the rest of it look?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks