• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805b: “clean” power generation

wittkins

I have a 805b that now produces nicely, thanks forum.

I am likely wording this question incorrectly but researching gensets I understand there are traditional generators and inverter gens. As I understand it, the inverter gens produce a more steady 60 hertz while traditional fluctuate more and can damage sensitive electronics.

What is the groups experience with MEP 805bs used to power electronics, computers or TVs? The output looks steady but is it something I should shy away from? Mine is set up primarily to run well pumps, fridges etc. and wanted the forums experience with this.

Thoughts?

Scoobyshep

Alittle frequency fluctuations wont hurt. Most electronics are DC anyway so they wont care. Motors will change speed a bit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

nextalcupfan

As I understand it, as long as the gen head isn't brushed (like the cheapo ones from big box stores) you're good.

My source

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I load tested my 805b, the only droop in hertz i can get is going from no load-0kw to full load-33kw, its only 2 hertz for only long enough for the display to change,

i cant seem to find the load testing videos of an 805b

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks