• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805b can it do single phase?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sort of...

Do you need 120v single phase? If so, just split it out to 3 separate legs of 120v single phase, and load each leg more-or-less evenly.

Do you need 240v single phase? If so, how sensitive is your load? Will it be happy with 208v single phase? Got more than one 240v load? Need to run 120v single phase concurrently with 240v?

Just what exactly do you want to run on it?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes and no. As 98G writes, you can pick out one phase. But that's not changing anything. And you will not be able to carry 15 KW.
My understanding is that using all 3 legs as 120v single phase, evenly loaded, will yield the full 15kW. Picking out 2 legs to create a 208v single phase would give you 10kW.

If I'm wrong, please let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks