• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805B filters and fluids

Gary27701

Hello,

I just got one of these critters, and am looking forward to getting up and running as a whole house standby generator. I am a civilian so please be gentle while I learn the lingo.

I'm pulling my hair out in looking for part numbers. Are these the correct numbers?
- Per TM-9-6115-671-24P (cage code, part #)
- Fuel filter 72850 479735
- Air filter 18265 P18-2059
Per TM-9-2815-259-24P (cage code, part #)
- Oil filter 33968 36881696 (fram PH8476 ?)

Or, can I use the details for the John Deere 4045T engine? Please feel free to suggest alternate commercial part numbers.

For oil, I think 15 quarts of 15/40 API CI-4. Am I correct?

For coolant, is any heavy-duty diesel antifreeze ok like "motocraft VC7B" or similar extended life coolant? OAT vs NOAT? Diluted to 50/50?

Regards,
Gary

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought we had a cheat sheet of over the counter parts for the gennys by model, was i just dreaming that because i cant find one

Guyfang

Staff member
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I started one. Just havent got it finished, and can not for the live of me remember where I put it. Give me some time. I might have the info for that type set.

Gary27701

Here's what I found as well for filters.

Fuel filter
- John Deere - RE60021
- Baldwin - BF7675-D or BF7675

Oil filter
- John Deere - RE59754
- Luber-finer - LFP5757
- Baldwin - B7125

Air filter
- Fleetguard - AF0173300KM or AF1733KM

My only remaining question is about antifreeze. Good ol' green or one of the extended life coolants rated for diesels like Motorcraft VC8?

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are trying to start a fight with the antifreeze question? Hahaha

that is like asking what oil is best,

if you do regular maintenance on the antifreeze all antifreezes are the same

Gary27701

hehe... don't need one of those discussions. ;-)

Let me rephrase my question, "are the John Deere published 4045T engine specs valid even though these engines are used in the military?". If so, that answers fluid questions, and then I can use the more conservative hour or clock time for when to change things. FYI, I would also be testing the engine's oil like I do for my F250 SuperDuty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks