• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 805B less than 5 hours total

Fry199

Just putting a feeler out on what a mep 805b with less than 5 hours runtime would be worth and interest? It will be for sale after I go through and give a check over. Is $12,000 to much for a starting price? It will be in top running shape (large ag field mechanic for deere by trade). Looking for some input on interest and value of these bigger units. Thanks

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a tough one. The obvious answer always is - its worth what someone is wiling to pay for it. The larger 80X machines are a tougher sell sometimes due to them being 3-phase only. No single phase options on those unfortunately.

My gut says $8-9K on the upper end here. Your market may be different. Some basic market research for your area would be your best bet.

There was a MEP005 on a trailer listed in the last couple of months on Craigslist in eastern NC for $7,500. Those are more desirable since they can be setup for 240v single phase.

Strictly my opinion.

Fry199

I appreciate the info! From what I understand you can run single phase on 2 legs with out getting g carried away right? And thank you for the the price range. We don't really have the bug machines come up for sale around me. Very rarely I will see a 802/803 for sale but most of the time someone is trying to buy one of my 6 units I have scattered around!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to find a customer looking for 3PH... not an every day purchaser. Ebay has them up between 8-15K. You may find a commercial customer who cannot get a diesel genset new in a reasonable timeframe right now (Im hearing 8+ months on a lot of diesel gensets as of right now) that may be willing.

Good luck regardless.

Fry199

Awesome guys. Once again much appreciated! Is there a diagram in the TM for tapping 240 that I'm missing somewhere? Or is it same as my 803/802 where I grab L1 L3 and neutral or? Like I said I've never messed with these bugger ones and would like to explain to whoever buys how the gist of it will work

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome guys. Once again much appreciated! Is there a diagram in the TM for tapping 240 that I'm missing somewhere? Or is it same as my 803/802 where I grab L1 L3 and neutral or? Like I said I've never messed with these bugger ones and would like to explain to whoever buys how the gist of it will work
It will be 208v instead of 240v but for most things it won't matter. L1 and L3 for your hot leads is OK.

Guyfang

Staff member
What you really need to do is upgrade your membership, to offer things for sale here in the Forum. And to use the right forum to advertise things for sale.

Last edited:

Fry199

What you really need to do is upgrade your membership, to offer things for sale here in the Forum. And to use the right forum to advertise things for sale.
It's not currently for sale, I was seeing about values and interest if it's even worth me selling or just scrapping it out as I have no use for a 30k. Thank you though.