• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 805B on a M200A1

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
which is better to load test on 240/416 or 120/208? I cant think of any instance that i would ever use 240/416

Guyfang

Staff member
Are you going to tin the wire ends? You get better conductivity when you lock them down in the load terminals. We had some crimp on ends, that were solid. That way when we tighten down the terminals, we did not over tighten them. And you need to be careful about that! The output terminals are real easy to over tighten. Then you have large paper weights for your desk. The threads are very soft!!

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not, they were a pita to get in the terminals anyways. I may try that before i hook up the second 805b for a load test. I only have 1 100amp cable with bare wires on one end.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well crap, delay of game until tomorrow afternoon, the fuel gauge decided to read zero, so i will have one here tomorrow.

How long is a good load test at 100%? 50%? The tm doesnt say anything about time.

Guyfang

Staff member
No job ever left my shop after repair with out a 4-6 hour load test. I didnt have to pay for fuel. So let your conscience be your guide. There is no set time, or even test.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to be confident in the jenny, so I will run 80% for a couple hours. 5-10 gallons of fuel is pretty cheap as a confidence builder.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, project #3 showed up today, as I was just about done with project #1.

IMG_0921[1].jpgIMG_0922[1].jpg 15kw with a broken block (25 hrs) out of Riley

Guyfang

Staff member
Love that crane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh did I love it when we were issued one!! What a handy piece of equipment. I may come live with you!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I was going to ask about the crane too. We have one floating around here in Cincy. Any chance of posting the capacities tag?

Guyfang

Staff member
I seem to remember its a 7.5 ton crane. If we had a TM number, there are for sure manuals for it. It was just the handiest thing I had in my shop.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well load testing didnt go so well, could only get my load tester's magnetic switch to work on L2, I could only get part of them to work.

IMG_0923[1].jpg

After manually closing and opening the magnetic switch (with no power on) I did get it to pull 10KW on L2.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading the schematics for the load tester, going to give it a run on 240/416 and see if i can get a load on 3 legs.

Well 240/416 didnt work at all. I think this load is just old and grumpy. Got l2and l3 to load for a minute then l3 quit. So i guess i will get the load in the shop and pull the case to liok for loose wires

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got it working, and the sun is down and its cold so I didnt get to do a proper load, but at least I can say it worked.

IMG_0929[1].jpg

Part of the problem was a wire pulled out of a connector and there will be lots of contacts that need emery clothed.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAHAHAHA its alive, and all worked as designed,finally. I really like how well that John Deere motor pulls, even from no load to full load, it was just a split second of load then it was back to an easy pull. It didnt sound like it was working at all at 32KW, and only a hint of smoke going from no load to full load. Having the ability to load it up also showed I had a fuel leak on a line at the IP, so thats a good thing to find now rather than later when it is needed in a snow storm.

IMG_0929[1].jpgIMG_0930[1].jpgIMG_0931[1].jpgIMG_0932[1].jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks