• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805B - trailer plating and insurance (home and auto)

Gary27701

Howdy Everyone,

Not sure if I should ask this question in the trailer forum as I will be keeping my 805B on its trailer so I can move it around, and take it with me if I get a new house. ;-)

- Plates, I have all the paperwork from GovPlanet including the SF-97. Anything else that I need to take with me to Maryland DMV. Or, be concerned about?
- Auto & Homeowners, What does my agent need to know? What questions do I need to be prepared to answer?

Thank you for your insights!

Cheers,
Gary

Chainbreaker

What's on the trailer "in general" doesn't matter as its more of a matter of weight and type of usage, so yes you would probably get more responses in the trailer forum. However, I am sure there are members in this forum that could answer your questions.

Though, it does vary State-by-State as to requirements. For instance, in Oregon many trailers are exempt from needing registration/plates. I have never registered any of my 3 generator trailers as the way I use them (annual aux tank fillups) does not require registration or added insurance. The insurance is inherited from the vehicle that is towing it in Oregon.

However, your registration requirements are probably not as lenient in Maryland.

reset2

I'm not a MDOT inspector, but I'm under the impression that in Maryland if it's a dedicated special purpose machine (log splitter, cement mixer, air compressor) a generator trailer would be exempt. It appears to me the cops have more important things to look at. Now it you remove the generator and use for other stuff the exemption would be questionable. Just make it legal otherwise (lights, safety chains). My opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks