• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-806A coolant temperature sender source needed

Ray70

Hello,
I'm working on an 806A for someone and the coolant temp sender in the corner of the head is broken. ( somehow the wire and center pin have come out of the casing and were dangling behind the head )
Looked in the TM and it gives a PN of:
Beede 127341 , 5905-01-376-0985 , 88-21742
Unfortunately a google search of these 3 numbers really didn't find me anything that is correct and available.
I was curious if anyone knows of a source for one, or if there is a known replacement that works?
I was also thinking that since the gage in the 806 is the same as the 802/803 etc. I wonder if the sender from an 802/803 would work if I find a brass bushing to step up the thread size to the 1/2" NPT needed for the 806?? Should use the same resistance range I would assume.
FYI, the TM says the sender should be >300 ohms at ambient and drop as engine temp increases, that's all I found for specs on the sender.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the Faria web page and see if they still have a NSN cross ref listing, with that NSN or part numbers on it. I will see if I can dig deeper after launch.
I found the old NSN cross list for gauges, but I didn't see one for senders. If you look at one of Farias later catalog releases: https://fariabeede.com/site_manuals/Faria_Beede-fm-002-0001-2019-Aftermarket_catalog.pdf

They do have different temp senders listed... one of which appears to be workable? https://recreation-outfitters.com/p...nder-1-2-nptf-american-single-standard-ts4042

temp sender.png

Ray70

Great info guys. LITD, It's funny you mention Sierra, when I was searching by PN several listings for the Sierra Marine senders came up and I wondered if it might work. For $18 I might as well give it a shot, I also have a 240V temp gage on the shelf that was in an 803 I bought years ago. It was not the right one for the 803 ( apparently a different operating resistance ) maybe that would even work with the Sierra sender, if it doesn't work with the Beede gage.

Ray70

So I went to purchase the Sierra TS26631 and the particular ad I was looking at said it is comparable to the Beede F90404 from LITD's attachment above.
For the sake of an extra $4 I went with the Beede, seeing that the gage is from Beede, why not keep it all in the family!
I will let you know once its installed, but I'm thinking this will work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks