• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-806A temperature sender source needed

Ray70

Hey guys,
I'm working on an 806A for a guy and the temp gage sender in the back corner of the head is broken ( physically broken! )
Looked in the TM and on line and it looks like I need:
Beede 127341 , 5905-01-376-0985 , 88-21742
After a little internet searching I really did not come up with any sources with that PN for sale.
Has anyone ever found a source or know of an alternate replacement sender that would work?
Looks pretty similar to an 005A but different PN so probably a different resistance value.
Also, seeing that the gage itself is the same as an 802/803, I'm assuming I could use the sender from an 802 if I can find an appropriate size threaded bushing to make up for the larger thread diameter on the 806A sender??
In the TM it sounds like the sender is >300 Ohms at ambient temp, then drops as temp increases, but that's all I found in the manual for testing resistance values.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks