• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 806A

Billy2642

So I'm having this exact issue on a 804a. I'm looking at the TMs and don't see these 4 parts that must match. What are they called in the TM so I know which ones to compare?

Ray70

Looks like I may have an 806A with a similar issue. When starting it I get some voltage as long as I hold the switch, but it only gets to about 90V and power goes away as soon as I let go of the switch and the Low voltage fault indicator is illuminated.
While holding the S1 , the voltage adjust POT has no effect on voltage at all. neither up nor down.

After questioning the overwhelming stink of mouse pee, I found a big nest around the Power transformer ( nestled between the CVT and transformer )
One of the wires on the transformer winding looks a little chewed and the transformer body looks dark on the side, so I'm thinking mice have probably damaged the transformer.

Once I get a change to test the VR per the TM guide, if the VR tests good do I still need to replace everything in a set?
I would assume I could try to locate the correct brand power transformer and just replace that, or are all the pieces a matched set that must all be replaced as a unit?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sets were built with two different Voltage Regulators and support components.
If it's a LIBBY VR the sets Voltage Adjust Potentiometer, R16 resistor and T1 Power Transformer in the set are specific to the LIBBY VR.
If it's a TRC VR the sets Voltage Adjust Potentiometer, R16 resistor and T1 Power Transformer in the set are specific to the TRC VR.

You can't mix parts between a LIBBY setup and a TRC setup.
TRC LIBBY.JPG

The T1 Transformers are custom transformers and not generic types.
Libby T1 Transformer
LIBBY T1.JPG

TRC T1 Transformer
TRC T1.JPG

Ray70

Correct, what I was wondering is if I have a TRC transformer can I replace it with another TRC transformer ( if I can find one ) or is there any reason why I would need to replace all 3 parts if only one part is bad ?
I'm assuming I can replace just a single bad component with another from the same manufacturer, but this thread is mentioning you have to replace all 3 parts as a "kit" but maybe that's just when replacing Libby parts with the TRC kit since Libby parts don't seem to be available??
I think mine is TRC but will confirm when I test the VR.

Guyfang

Staff member
The kits came out, when it became apparent that some ports were becoming hard to get. Like, say the transformer. If the part was going to have a long lead time, the CECOM decided that you could order a kit, and simply tear it all out, and replace the whole thing, with the other type. And lots of folks had not toooooooooooooo much troubleshooting experience. Kinda like using a shotgun, to take care of an ant problem. One blast cures all? If the VR tests bad, talk to Kurt about a new one.

Ray70

Ha, funny you say that Guy... I was poking around in the Classified section last night and saw Kurt's VR and found that it doesn't utilize the transformer ( which I believe is my problem ) so I already ordered one of his VR's this morning!
Should prove to be a much more cost effective and bullet proof solution.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks