• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 806b no heartbeat light

Fry199

Got a 806b with 3 hours, couldn't get machine to fire and has a stupid attack and forgot to pull out e stop button. Prior to this everything worked as it should all light lit up on the control boxes. So finally fired the machine and runs beautifully, other than won't read oil psi, fuel level 107% and so on the usual issues. Opened panel up and now I have no leds on up top and the heartbeat light is not flashing, oil psi faults will not clear. Any advice on where to start. Dug threw the tms and really haven't got any where on what to check. Also yes I know the one picture is backwards, took It in mirrored image 20220817_183732.jpg20220817_183732.jpg

Attachments

jmenende

By looking at your pic, it seems you have an 816b not a 806b since it says 400hz, but you have an avr 100 module that is used on a 806b. Send a pic of the manufacturers plate for reference. Also, check the voltage selection toggle swith and make sure its at 60hz. Only move it when the unit is off. Send a better pic of the control panel where that switch is displayed.

Fry199

By looking at your pic, it seems you have an 816b not a 806b since it says 400hz, but you have an avr 100 module that is used on a 806b. Send a pic of the manufacturers plate for reference. Also, check the voltage selection toggle swith and make sure its at 60hz. Only move it when the unit is off. Send a better pic of the control panel where that switch is displayed.
It's at 60 hz, plate says 50/60 hz machine, and the switch is in the 60hz position

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good catch

jmenende

240/416 setup is being reigistered by the CIM. Check the connection board as you might just need to switch it back to 120/208v.

Fry199

240/416 setup is being reigistered by the CIM. Check the connection board as you might just need to switch it back to 120/208v.
Right but the cim isn't reading oil psi, coolant temp, or batt volt. Would that have anything to do with voltage selection? I get no leds in the bug line at the top or heartbeat blinking and can't swear faults, stuck saying battleshort on.

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, This is off the wall when you read it. But here goes. A million years ago, in a Galaxy far, far, away, a gen set of the 805B type would not run right. It was a 805B, cause I checked. The problem was solved by me checking the output terminals, with a good DMM. It read 400 hertz. How come? Well, the maintenance unit that tried to fix it for 2 years, put a 400 herz main gen in it. Now I am not saying this is the problem, but pull the back plate off the gen set and look at the date plate on the main gen. It is a quick and easy check. Moving TB-1 will not change the output hertz. Should change the AC output, yes. But has NOTHING to do with the hertz. That's a function of engine speed and main gen. Also check the Speed controller SW-1. Read the note on the Speed controller about SW-1.

Fry199

OK, This is off the wall when you read it. But here goes. A million years ago, in a Galaxy far, far, away, a gen set of the 805B type would not run right. It was a 805B, cause I checked. The problem was solved by me checking the output terminals, with a good DMM. It read 400 hertz. How come? Well, the maintenance unit that tried to fix it for 2 years, put a 400 herz main gen in it. Now I am not saying this is the problem, but pull the back plate off the gen set and look at the date plate on the main gen. It is a quick and easy check. Moving TB-1 will not change the output hertz. Should change the AC output, yes. But has NOTHING to do with the hertz. That's a function of engine speed and main gen. Also check the Speed controller SW-1. Read the note on the Speed controller about SW-1.
I gotcha and makes perfect sense but would that explain why I'm not reading engine oil psi, coolant temp, batt charging Amps and all that jazz? The pics above of the cim are with engine running at 1800 ish by sounds I'm not worried about making power at this point more so it's bothering me that I can't figure out the issues. I should add I have sold the 806b and 805a to someone's who just wants the engines. Thanks for everyone's help greatly appreciated

Fry199

I appreciate all the info guy! But units are on their way to be irrigation pumps and I assume the genny parts will hit flea bay!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks