• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831 inverter troubleshooting

Aby3250

Is the generator new to you?
Has it worked properly in the past?
I assume you mean the Overload/Short Circuit fault lamp illuminates and the contactor opens.

I bought it in those conditions. Yes, sometimes the low oil pressure light also comes on. When I get that error I can't turn it off using the power button.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought it in those conditions. Yes, sometimes the low oil pressure light also comes on. When I get that error I can't turn it off using the power button.
If it doesn't shut off due to Low OP fault it's likely either the Governor Controller isn't working properly or the mechanical settings of the governor have been fiddled with.
The low OP fault may be due to a bad LOP switch. They fail with some frequency in the 831s. The OP is usually about 90 PSI when warmed up and the LOP shutdown switch trips at about 15 PSI.

Aby3250

If it doesn't shut off due to Low OP fault it's likely either the Governor Controller isn't working properly or the mechanical settings of the governor have been fiddled with.
The low OP fault may be due to a bad LOP switch. They fail with some frequency in the 831s. The OP is usually about 90 PSI when warmed up and the LOP shutdown switch trips at about 15 PSI.
What can you recommend I want to fix the problem. At first it turned off fine using the power button but then it didn't. But it always gave the overload short circuit code.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The -13&P TM has the adjustment procedure for both the SLC100 Goernor Controller module and the mechanical linkage on the governor.
The -13&P TM can be downloaded from the TM section of this forum.

Aby3250

The -13&P TM has the adjustment procedure for both the SLC100 Goernor Controller module and the mechanical linkage on the governor.
The -13&P TM can be downloaded from the TM section of this forum.

Could you show me what it is since I totally don't know what you're talking about. Excuse me for my ignorance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks