• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-831a fuel sending unit NSN

Rikjames92

I need some assistance. Im in need of a fuel sending unit (liquid level transmitter) it has to be a new unit for work and i cant seem to find an updated NSN. The one in the book is listed as a terminal item through Fed Log. If anyone has a current up-to-date NSN i would be in your debt.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I can still get the mep-802a sending unit. Im going to try to see if i can swap the rheostat on it to the 831a unit. It's going to be fun.
Ric,
This is an option. But if I remember how the supply system works, if you are ordering a terminal item, the SSA computer should recognize that the item is terminal, and IF, and that's a big IF, there is a replacement NSN, the computer should automatically order that new NSN, in Lieu of the Old NSN.

Another thing that jumps out in my mind, was to order the terminal part on a DA form 1348-6. Provide all additional data, and submit it. That tells the Item Manager you have a need that can not be filled through normal Supply channels.

Last, and this would be my first choice in your boots, is to call your CECOM LAR. This is the sort of problem that he is supposed to be able to handle. The main problem here is that CECOM and the Army have decided to get rid of the TQG's. That's why the MEL, Maintenance Expenditure Limit has been reduced so low on the TQG's. The Army doesn't want to spend the money on this old stuff, and its on the way out. You should be able to find out the LAR's phone number easy. And if not tell me. I can get it. Might still be a guy I know!!

Guyfang

Staff member
The solution in my video will be way more simple. The ohm of the MEP 802A and MEP 803A are different than the MEP 831A, unless you also change the gauge.
Colt,

The Military can not just "create" something and install it.

OK, Down range, anything goes. But not in Ft. Hood. In two weeks it would look like Mad Max had moved in town.

Rikjames92

I found this NSN on ebay. It's the same sending unit with a different top plate. You can unbolt the top plate of the old unit and clock it the correct direction and install it the correct way. Thanks for all your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks