• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831A Governor Control Issue? (video)

dxhend2

Made some progress finally. Yes, adjusting the actuator linkage rod did the trick. It can start now with a few tries, and can step up to full load fine. Each 25% increment I can hear the RPM stepping up a bit. I had to adjust the top bolt out a bit more to get the governor controller, actuator and throttle to line up at full load and steady out. (Good tips from @CallMeColt 's videos).

The actuator linkage rod is extended to almost full length. The idle gap to the magnet is still less than 5/16" - still working on that. One other observation - when stepping down off the load in 25% increments, it's having a problem going from 50% to 25% - it stumbles and shuts down most every time.

Still some tweaking to do, but making good progress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks