• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831a Hard line cracked

Quattro210

Hey guys, I have a MEP 831a and saw a little fuel leak above the injector pump, went to inspect and noticed that the hard line that runs up from there to the injector has a hairline crack in it. Ive searched through the generator manual and the engine manual and cannot locate a part # or NSN for that hard line. Anyone have a number for it? Appreciate any info

Last edited by a moderator:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recommend taking it off and going to a local hydraulic shop for a replacement. They should be able to knock it out cheap and quick.

Here is a page from the LP master parts manual. That should point you in the right direction.

Attachments

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have the manual for the Yanmar L70 here. You can find it online and see about the part number for the injector line. The same advice to try a local hydraulics shop still applies.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I was busy trying to get an investigation report out to a client so I didn't have any more time to go searching. Got to keep them making the medicine.

csheath

Can you pull it off and weld it? I have cracked a hard line on my backhoe hydraulics and welded it with success.

Kenny0

I did do that once in an emergency, but I would recommend not to. Any foreign material left after welding or brazing that can't be cleaned out could go right into the injector, and they wouldn't like that. The inside of the injector line is very small.