• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A Remote Start/Stop

sassriverrat

Has anyone ever tried to put a remote start setup on this- or install an aux (remote) start/stop switch or panel? I would imagine a secondary switch could be spliced into the existing panel- but thinking if this generator was mounted outside of a building or trailer but the start/stop was inside, that would be nice.

I'm looking at the Ini Power IG1000 ASKR-USMC Auto Start Kit but can't find any manuals on it so I'm not sure it's pin out and how I might finagle hooking up the generator to this.

Thanks

witteriedmf

Has anyone ever tried to put a remote start setup on this- or install an aux (remote) start/stop switch or panel? I would imagine a secondary switch could be spliced into the existing panel- but thinking if this generator was mounted outside of a building or trailer but the start/stop was inside, that would be nice.

I'm looking at the Ini Power IG1000 ASKR-USMC Auto Start Kit but can't find any manuals on it so I'm not sure it's pin out and how I might finagle hooking up the generator to this.

Thanks
TM 10-6115-711-10TECHNICAL MANUAL OPERATOR MANUAL FOR GENERATOR SET, MULTI-FUEL, PORTABLE, 1 KW (NSN 6115-01-612-2549)
good luck finding the manual

synelecpb

Not a awaken a mummy of a thread, but some MEP 831's were wired by the military for remote operation. Mine was one of them. The problem is that they have a 9 pin connector that plugs into something unknown to facilitate that, and some of the wiring was rearranged to (I assume) make that possible. When I first got it, things didn't work properly until I got on this site and explained what was happening - others had seen this arrangement and told me what to do to change it around to standard operation. I left the connector on mine, if you want a picture of it.