• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831a, what I've learned from a few posts, and a few questions

Broke

Hello everyone, I've been reading just about everything I can find on here for my MEP-831a and I want to give a quick thanks to all of you who put in time trying to help! My MEP-831a has 81 hours since reset, and has been a lot of fun troubleshooting and bringing back to life.

A few quick things for people who may just stumble across this:

If you break your low fuel switch, disconnect the harness, DON'T JUMPER IT! It closes the circuit when you're empty. (two red wires coming out of your fuel tank)

If you replace the injector nozzle, replace the gasket at the same time. I found a company who mailed it for about $11 total and it solved my low compression issues (easy pull cord, lots of white smoke)

The 20A, 32VDC fuse cartridge holder on my set lost a spring or something at the end which made it lose continuity, so the fuse was good, but the circuit was open (use a multimeter to check the two stabs on the back end) -- solved my AC circuit interrupter not shutting.

If your set starts and runs goofy/surges (although I think goofy is the technical term) try the actuator and linkage cal/adjustment -- you folks were freeking awesome by finding and posting that.

If your set was running, then you shut it down and it won't start but just cranks, check that the actuator is actually open and letting you open the throttles.

Question/Problem:
My fuel filter keeps leaking fuel, and before that it was the fitting at the fuel injection pump, has anyone had any issue with essentially dead-heading these electric fuel pumps when the set is on but not started? It seems like it's building up so much pressure that it's forcing high pressure leaks. Sequence: Electric fuel pump -> filter -> T manifold with one line to the return, one line to the injection pump.

Fuel filter: I needed a new one when I got the unit so I ordered a knock off R12 from eBay, leaked initially, checked the o-ring and re-lubed it, then tightened the sh*t out of it -- still leaked between the spin on filter and housing

pictures attached, the clear hose from the injector return is so I could look for air bubbles and make sure fuel was flowing during trouble shooting.

Thanks in advance for the time spent reading and the effort to respond!
IMG_20180529_182930693_LL.jpgIMG_20180529_182942445.jpgIMG_20180529_182952908_LL.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks