• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A

Smitch86

I recently just bought 2 MEP 831a generators. I noticed both of them are missing the speed controller down by the governor. Is there anyone out there that sells these? I have to manually move the lever on the governor up and down to start and stop it. Will this hurt the generator running it like this or will it just run at a single RPM all the time and just be less fuel efficient?

Guyfang

Staff member
I recently just bought 2 MEP 831a generators. I noticed both of them are missing the speed controller down by the governor. Is there anyone out there that sells these? I have to manually move the lever on the governor up and down to start and stop it. Will this hurt the generator running it like this or will it just run at a single RPM all the time and just be less fuel efficient?

Anything other then full rated RPM, (60 hertz) is not good for the set.

When looking for parts, you should open a "Parts Wanted" Thread. And maybe be a bit more specific about what you want. "Speed Controller" can mean different things to different people.

Have you downloaded the TM's? And at least read the operators manual?

Guyfang

Staff member

When looking for parts, you should open a "Parts Wanted" Thread. And maybe be a bit more specific about what you want. "Speed Controller" can mean different things to different people.

Smitch86

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did download the tm and read through it. As long as I set it at operating rpm’s it says should be fine !

fb40dash5

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did download the tm and read through it. As long as I set it at operating rpm’s it says should be fine !
There's nothing keeping you from manually setting the throttle on it... since it's an inverter, there's no "60hz" setting like most generators.

You will lose all the engine shutdown safeties (low oil pressure, overheat, low fuel) so there's also that.

DD58

I assume you are referring to some or most of these.
When you say "manually move the lever" are your talking about about item 14 below?
Which parts below are you missing?
View attachment 910390
I’m thinking he means #34 that’s my guess. Assumptions are a dangerous game.

Op post a few pictures of each set for us. We can help from that. Kloppk and guy fang know there stuff when it comes to these gen sets I listen to there advise as we do with a Bible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitch86

Does anyone have NSN 2910-01-476-9751 it’s the telescoping linkage for the actuator on the governor for the 832a ?

Guyfang

Staff member
Does anyone have NSN 2910-01-476-9751 it’s the telescoping linkage for the actuator on the governor for the 832a ?

Start a Parts Wanted Thread. Buying and selling in a open thread is not allowed. The Parts Wanted thread gives you much better visibility, in any case.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did some poking around on McMaster Carr and it looks like one could be built using several parts from them.
I'm going to order the parts and build one or two for the heck of it. :)

Assembly order top to bottom is...
Item 2, 10-32 nut (not listed), item 5, item 4, item 1, item 3
These..
Linkage Parts.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks