• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep belch black smoke for a second on start

Tokiozulu

First post newbe here. Thanks to all here for the wealth of info you provide. I hope to contribute when I get my mep-80xx.

Looking at a low hour 802a that belches black smoke just for a second on start. Burns clean after a second or so. Normal? Sticky injector? Stand alone unit - no elevated aux fuel tank. Have only seen a brief video of the unit starting.

Any insight is appreciated - thanks.

rogpike

My 3 tractors and diesel lawn mower all puff out black smoke upon start....so does my 803a...totally normal. Funny my dramax does not do that...EPA has more control over my truck since it is newer.

Tokiozulu

Thanks for the confirmation. Looking forwards to getting one but auction pricing has gone nuts with this hurricane season being what it is. Might have to wait a while till things cool off. My wife and I both drive diesel - 335d and GL320 - the PDFs on the modern diesels do an amazing job. Lucky the military don't have to worry about emissions or these things would be a lot more complex.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks