• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP preparedness

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgive me for sounding alarmist, but I hope you all use this situation across the world to make sure your sets are not only fully operational, but that you have the necessary supplies (fuel, filters, backup parts, etc) to ride out whatever length of time you could potentially see life disruption. With any luck there will be no reason to need your gensets, but if there were ever a clear and present reason to cross your Ts and dot them I's... I would say this is it.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgive me for sounding alarmist, but I hope you all use this situation across the world to make sure your sets are not only fully operational, but that you have the necessary supplies (fuel, filters, backup parts, etc) to ride out whatever length of time you could potentially see life disruption. With any luck there will be no reason to need your gensets, but if there were ever a clear and present reason to cross your Ts and dot them I's... I would say this is it.
Was going to sell my spare 802. But.....I think I'll hang on to it for just a bit longer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember the "Two is one, one is none" rule applies to a lot of situations and can definitely apply to generators!
My Grandfather used to tell me that when I brought a friend out to work livestock! Probably wasn't the same. When two friends get together we were worth nothing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

fa35jsf

Yeah I did an opcheck this past weekend on my 802. Tan it for a good hour at 80% before bumping it up slowly to 100%, quick bursts to 125%. It did great.

I also have 135 gallons of stabilized diesel just waiting to be burned. That should last me just a little while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chainbreaker

Don't forget to keep plenty of ammunition and weapons at hand.....
I'm hearing that guns & ammo are flying off store shelves as fast as they come in in our locality, expect the same most everywhere. Lots of motivated buying as I guess people that weren't prepared now see a reason to prepare to protect their assets just in case. I'm not a doomsday-er by any means but I feel prepared to help & protect.

Josephml21

I'm hearing that guns & ammo are flying off store shelves as fast as they come in in our locality, expect the same most everywhere. Lots of motivated buying as I guess people that weren't prepared now see a reason to prepare to protect their assets just in case. I'm not a doomsday-er by any means but I feel prepared to help & protect.
I just got my order of 24lbs of powder and 10k primers today. I placed the order just before the buying went crazy. Everything is sold out now. 800 to 900 bucks for 1k of 9mm?!! Crazy.

Back to the topic. I'm good genny wise. Always doing PMCS. She runs well. My only concern at this point is possibly building a sound proof / protective enclosure for the genny.

Worst case scenario a running genny is going to attract attention. I would like to come up with a way to quiet her down or protect the unit from damage.

fa35jsf

I just got my order of 24lbs of powder and 10k primers today. I placed the order just before the buying went crazy. Everything is sold out now. 800 to 900 bucks for 1k of 9mm?!! Crazy.

Back to the topic. I'm good genny wise. Always doing PMCS. She runs well. My only concern at this point is possibly building a sound proof / protective enclosure for the genny.

Worst case scenario a running genny is going to attract attention. I would like to come up with a way to quiet her down or protect the unit from damage.
I thought about the same thing. Luckily mines in a shed at the bottom of a hill with a house to help block sound from the road, but you can still hear a low rumble.

I was going to try some sound deadening mat I have left over from my truck. I’ll let you know if it changes anything

Josephml21

I thought about the same thing. Luckily mines in a shed at the bottom of a hill with a house to help block sound from the road, but you can still hear a low rumble.

I was going to try some sound deadening mat I have left over from my truck. I’ll let you know if it changes anything

I don't know.... We can kill sound all we want but I guess if we are still burning lights that will give us away but at least we can turn lights off and just appliances inside.

Either way it would be nice to have it safe in an enclosure. I will say in a shtf situation the guy that decides to screw with my genny is in for a rude surprise.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are at the point of running a genset during extreme times, it would be in your best interest to look elsewhere online for tips and tactics about the methodology behind running in bursts, and when it makes sense to do so. Can't say too much more on that as the site guidelines warn of discussion of 'crazy people' topics ;)

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I had a 2nd 802a or 803a on hand. I'll have to make due with having a spare set of filters and belt, and 60 gallons of treated diesel. Highly unlikely it will be needed where I live, but it's nice to be prepared. I keep a small Honda inverter generator as complement to the MEP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks