• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP Sizing Help

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

You can probably start a new thread with your rebuild etc...
This was a MEP-803A unit I purchased and worked over. New to me PU-798A (MEP-803A on a LTT-TQG high mobility)

a good thread to view MEP-802/803 Filters and Parts The second post has links to a lot of other MEP-8xx items.

This thread shows some MEP-802A's and MEP-803A's loaded with a surplus load bank. Acquired a Military surplus load bank

Good luck with your re-builds., Yes, get a 8ft ground rod in the ground for the testing. chaffed wires on a high hour unit can be very dangerous.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
The float in the storage box is the sender for the aux fuel pump and the low fuel fault indicator. In the TM is a way to ohm it to see if its good. You got a good score!
The float switch looked a little big. See if it has a part number on it. Look it up in the parts TM.

dav5

Here are some photos and dimensions from my 803a float switch.IMG_0729.jpgIMG_0728.jpg
The part # is 30554-88-20062, top # is 21603-M3464

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 805B has those vari-sistors on the bottom side of the terminal board.
Howdy,
Read through the reset TB. It tells about what updates they want for the 805B and others. Just to make sure you have it up to date with there fixes.