• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002 125% load

CDR

So here it goes I ran my generator for a about a half hour yesterday it was 30 degrees then put a 125% load on it. It ran great for about 15 minutes then it sounded like the motor was slowing up and black smoke was everywhere. I backed off the load to 75% and it ran fine again.

Is it a bad practice to run at 125% load? Why would it run great and then start belching smoke out all over

Thanks for the help

Dave

Jimc

cdr it could be that 125% and you were right on the edge of what that thing can handle then one little thing kicked on causing it to die. i have done the same thing with my 002. all that kicked on to send it in a downward spiral was a little micro fridge.

storeman

125% is a surge capability for relatively short periods. A great running unit may surge beyond 125 for a short time before either overwhelming the engine or blowing the main breaker. It is possible to run at 100% continuously at or near sea level and still have surge for well pumps, etc. Don't try to run a 125% duty cycle.

I think your generator acted normally.

Jerry

CDR

125% is a surge capability for relatively short periods. A great running unit may surge beyond 125 for a short time before either overwhelming the engine or blowing the main breaker. It is possible to run at 100% continuously at or near sea level and still have surge for well pumps, etc. Don't try to run a 125% duty cycle.

I think your generator acted normally.

Jerry

Happy to hear that my generator runs pretty good it held 125% load for over 15 minutes