• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002 injector pull out

dlsacco

MEP002, runs good with up to full load, lugs if I push it beyond that . Starts a tad sluggish but every time. Now that the winter is gone, thought I'd pull the injectors to send for inspection, adjustment.... Anything special I should be aware of, do, or not do when I pull them out?
Daniel

Jimc

of course follow isaac's suggestion first because that is easiest. as for the injectors there is nothing complicated there. disconnect the fuel lines from each one, remove the 2 bolts and hold down plate. the injectors can come right out or be tight in the cyl head. if tight you may need to apply some heat and a large wrench to twist them back and forth. remove the cooling fins and all the gaskets. look at the exploded view in the tm so you can be sure you have everything removed.

Isaac-1

In my experience removing the cooling fins can be the hardest part and require heating and some encouragement with a hammer and brass punch, just be careful they can be expensive to replace.

ike

Chrispyny

In my experience removing the cooling fins can be the hardest part and require heating and some encouragement with a hammer and brass punch, just be careful they can be expensive to replace.

ike
If the cooling fins are stuck to the injectors, dont force them. I dunked mine in my parts washer over night. A little light twist with a crecent wrench and they twisted off easily. Tight clearances and two dissimilar metals like steel and aluminum dont mix. I put antisieze on the injectors upong reassembly.

cuad4u

I sent injectors to Storeman last week for rebuild. The aluminum fins on my injectors were stuck. I used an industrial heat gun (not a hair dryer) to heat the aluminum fins. After heating for a couple of minutes I sprayed the junction of the fins and the injector with PB Blaster. The fins came right off. I used a rag to protect me from the hot fins. All it took was a twist and the fins came right off. Apparently when heated aluminum expands faster and at a greater rate than steel. This expansion broke the bond between the fins and the injector and the fins came right off.